Return the model expression for the background of a PHA data set.
This returns the model expression created by set_bkg_model or set_bkg_source. It does not include any instrument response.
- id (int or str, optional) – The data set to use. If not given then the default identifier is used, as returned by get_default_id.
- bkg_id (int or str, optional) – Identify the background component to use, if there are multiple ones associated with the data set.
model – This can contain multiple model components. Changing attributes of this model changes the model used by the data set.
a sherpa.models.Model object
- Delete the background model expression for a data set.
- Return the model expression for the background of a PHA data set.
- List of all the data sets with a source expression.
- Set the background model expression for a PHA data set.
- Display the background model expression for a data set.
Return the background model expression for the default data set:
>>> bkg = get_bkg_source() >>> len(bkg.pars) 2